Monday, September 10, 2012

Footprint Crafts

I love handprint and footprint crafts. They're probably my favorite. We went to Busch Gardens in VA this summer, and there was a booth that turned children's handprints into cool animals. I loved the idea so much that I came home, hopped on google, and got some ideas of my own.

Our first one was this frog which we used for invitations to my daughter's birthday party.



Doing the frog was so much fun, and it turned out so well, that we spent an afternoon doing the next four.





This tutu is a personal favorite, mainly because my daughter just started dance.

For all of these, I used white card stock, tempura paint, and a foam brush. For the tutu, I cut out the leotard from pink construction paper, glued it to white card stock, did the handprints, and then glued a pink bow at the top of the skirt.

We'll take these to Staples to have copied onto card stock to make mini thank you cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment